When it comes to our career or job, there often comes a time in our life when we feel like we’re getting nowhere, alienated, lonely, incomplete or discontent, even when many things in our life appear to be going well. In these times, no matter what we do or have, we just don’t feel full-filled. It’s the undefinable ache that material/financial success does not wash away. Roberto Assagioli, psychologist known in the Transparent Psychology field, calls this feeling of emptiness “Divine Homesickness”. It’s the clue that we are off course and need to change direction to finding our true passion(s).
Often we don’t move out of our comfort zone, for fear of making the wrong decision by changing careers. However if your career is making you miserable or merely stuck at a plateau, then it’s time to think whether moving out of your comfort zone is a risk worth taking for your future happiness. After all, what’s more important than your happiness? You may work out how to feel more fulfilled in your current job, or decide to change careers completely. Exploring your values and passions and what makes you happy in your work will often lead to the right decision for you.
So. Is it time to press ‘Escape’? Certainly, if you are trapped. The following questions will help you to figure it out:
- What do you want from a career apart from money? Do you get this in your current job?
- What percentage of the time do you feel positive at work?
- What do you enjoy most in your current job?
- If you imagine that you’re old and are looking back on your life, what job would you like to see yourself doing? Is it the one you currently have?
- What percentage of your time at work do you think about doing something else or being somewhere else?
- Is your work satisfying, fulfilling and meaningful? Are you using your favourite skills and talents?
- Are you passionate about your work and does it reflect who you are?
Once you start asking and answering the right questions you begin to eliminate the poor matches and start to focus on possibilities. If you can’t think of the questions for yourself, don’t worry, I’ve done this for you! Get the FREE Download now.